Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Bustling Week

" Sometimes, we just need a break to carry on."

Dear all,

It has been a while since I have updated my blog. Much has happened since then. And I shall start off with the day after my convocation.

I have to admit that sometimes you just have to believe things that are out of the world. That day after my convocation, the day when I was really sad, mummy came. ( Hope it doesn't sound eerie and gives anyone of you any goosebumps).

I know it s you I see, mummy. Somehow, perhaps some may say as a coincidence but there are just too many incidents to support the fact that somehow it may just be you. Remembered I once told you guys that I saw a moth at my office at level 14th? The day after my convo, I saw it again. As if it knows I am sad, it has came to visit me. It left when I left for lunch that day and somehow it left after I felt much better. Well, sometimes, somethings are best left unspoken and the fact that I believed, makes me feel better.

I know you are always here, as long as I believe. When faith falters, I know you will come and restore the faith.

Oh yah, mummy, I have started driving! But I can't park for goodness sake haha. It is a pity I did not start driving earlier, lest you could have taken a ride with me. You are the one person who I wish I could have ferry around for you are the one who make all these possible. Well, rest assured, I will be careful when I am driving. It is a great feeling to be on the move! Driving and listening to music, that s life manzx..

My week started off with staying over at Ying's place to celebrate her birthday. We made cheesecake..ermm..ok.. she made while I slept haha. Then on tuesday itself, we went to sing KTV and at night we went to new asia bar at raffles city for a drink with Qi and Jia. For the first time in my life, I truly was taken aback by the night city view of Spore. For those who have not visited new asia bar before, it is at the top of raffles city with a magnificent 180 degrees view of spore night view.I enjoyed the food there, especially the bbq platter...Yummmmmy! Though it could have been better if there was no smoke around.

Well, things change, and more often that not, people change. It is pretty amazing on further thought that four of us who are so vastly different can still stay connected, or hopefully so I wish. Ying and Jia will be studying while Qi is already working. For me, I am going to be unemployed soon. Ha. Qi said a sentence which made a huge impact on me. She said, " Those who are working, will have different topics to talk about". ( not the exact words, but something like that). From what I have comprehended, it implied that those who are working and those who are studying will have less common topics to talk about which may ultimately means that we have less to talk about due to different interests.

Actually, I have already experienced a bit of the truth of that sentence that night when we went out. And I am beginning to wonder if we will all drift apart someday, especially when we are all working (though we may have more common topics to talk about, eg. bitch about boss etc.) since all of us will be very busy with our own stuff.

I agree that working is really tiring. These past few days, I fell asleep almost immediately I went home. I even fell asleep when I was watching the tv. Never really did finish watching what I intended to watch. I am only working as a temp. Can you imagine how tiring it will be when I truly start work? Hence I truly do believe that when we all start working, we will not even have enought time to sleep, lest meet up. Guess we all just have to make more effort to maintain our relationship.

Nevertheless, these past few days have been quite happening. I have been living the life of a tai tai after work. Spa, yoga, shopping but well except for mahjoing.
In short, I am just loving myself and pampering myself and maybe to prepare myself for a life of a tai tai. Yah, yah, yah..continue dreaming.

I must especially highlight yesterday happening. Work started off at 9 with me, ying, and violet calling up members to update their birthdates. I didn't know such a simple task could have evoked so many jokes. For me, instead of date of birth, I said birth of date..and not once but a few times. The member even has to correct me. For this, I have being laughed by my colleagues. As for ying, she cracked the most hilarious joke of the day. It has been a while since I have laughed my head off. I do not think you guys will understand the joke unless you have been there at that moment. Anyway, it is the joke on the case of the missing ms faradilah.

Oh yah, one more thing, office has become a warfare since one of the perm staff has started to complain about us (we temp on being too slack, not clearing cases etc.) We have been told by our superior to be more hardworking. However the name of the particular perm staff has not been released. I am indiginant about the fact that the person has secretly tell tale on us instead of telling us straight. Our boss said, things are like this in the working world and I wonder how bad office politics could get when I truly start working. This has been a mystery which all of the temps have been discussing for the whole week. Trying to find out who s the person behind the back. Interesting. Office politics even for temp staff. Well, I guess, they can say whatever they want behind our backs but as long as we know we did our work, nothing else matters. Anyway I am leaving next week so I shadn't bother myself too much with it.

Oh yah, back to the day's happenings. In the afternoon, I went to volunteer with my friends to help disseminate wheelchairs for tsunamis victims. Oh yah oh yah, there is something which I have to tell you guys. I might be able to go Aceh to help out! I am so excited. haha. Anyway it is really a very interesting experience, disseminating the wheelchairs and then fixing back a new one for the needy. Very meaningful too. Think I will try to make an effort to help out at a regular basis. For those who like to join me, you can always leave down a msg me. The more, the merrier.

Finally at nightfall, I went to the Zpop concert. It was cool especially JJ, simply took my breath away. I have to admit he is really talented. And I am simply taken aback that he has so many fans in singapore. Practically everyone stood up when it was his turn to sing. Ah mei was fantastic too. Hot. haha.

Ok, anyway that should be all for my weekly update. Busy right? I am tired just simply writing on it. Ok, I have decided to take more time off for myself. I do not think I can stand it anymore. haha. Too tiring. Getting old. In the meanwhile, I am looking forward to my taiwan trip on 2nd aug. That s when my true break will come. Come august, I will have more time for myself too. No work means more time to slack.

Dear friends, if you are also living a very hectic life like me, do take some time off for yourself. Do not attemp to cramp too many things for there s only a limit we can do.

Busily trying to be free,
Agnes

P.S : Take a break.Visit my webshots website to view my photos under my links.

1 comment:

Still Water said...

Dear Tai Tai wannabe,

Jio me if you still going down to help out hor.