Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Aceh?

Dear Mummy,

Thought I should inform you that I would be going aceh this saturday. Eugene from MAS just called me just now. Well, do not worry for me. I will take good care of myself. It is something which I have wanted to do for a long time. I do hope I can contribute a bit to the tsunami victims though I must say I really do not know how I can help. I shall try my best. It is coming to one year since the tragedy has happened. But I heard that the situation there is still quite bad. I shall update you when I am back. Most probably I will be gone for a week and so I will miss your birthday which falls on the 27th Aug.

I can't really remember how we celebrated your birthday last year, just that we had dinner together which brings me back to an incident. I remembered there was once when we went to Jumbo restaurant to celebrate your birthday( I think it s yours) but as you have forgotten to bring the voucher/card, the waiter there refuse to give you any discount. You did not want to go back and get the card and hence had a small argument with the waiter there. We suggested going to the nearby hawker centre to grab a bite but you refused. In the fit of your anger, you went home yourself. After that, daddy and me got back home but you werent home yet though you left before us. In the end, only to realize that you almost got lost and had walked a long distance. You were really like a kid sometimes that I feel I am the adult. But that is also what makes you so lovable.

I have just gotten my pay this week. If you were around, I could finally give you a portion of my pay which you have previously rejected. The reason that you gave was that the amount which I have earned was pretty insignificant and I could give more to you when I have earned more. But deep down I know the main reason was because you knew I had painstakingly earned it and thus wanted me to keep the money for myself.

Well, I guess the best present I could give you this year is to be happy. I am happy now. I really am. But I would be happier if you were around.

K, enough said, going to the market with ah ma tomorrow.

Love you,
Agnes

No comments: