Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Happy Birthday Mummy


Dear Mummy,

I am back! How have you been?

If you were alive, you would have turned 57 last saturday. I am sorry I could not visit you last saturday to wish you a happy birthday as I was down with cough and flu. If you were alive, we would have celebrated your birthday with a dinner at some restaurant as usual. Well, I guess nothing is ever gonna be the same again. Yah, yah, yah..accept it agnes.

It was your 100th days death anniversary yesterday. Time flies. It really does. It seems just like yesterday that you have left this world and now 100 days have gone past. A lot of us went to pray at your altar yesterday. Did you see us? Somehow it still pained me to see your photo on your altar. I tried to avoid looking at it directly for the fear of evoking tears.

They asked if I have dreamt of you. I nodded and that was all I could do before breaking down into tears. I guess the dream was one of the more vivid dreams I had of you and the only one that we really talked. A real heart to heart talk. I could not remember what went through us except that I think both of us cried during the midst of the talk.

Anyway, I just want to tell you that I am living well and being very contented with what I have now. I have learnt a lot from my trip to Aceh and I have found my purpose in life which I hope it will pull through all life's adversities. There is still so much I can do for all those that I love and all those that I will come to love. The world needs a little bit more love and I think I could do just that.

I shall bring the world to you and let you feel the world like I do.

Miss you dearly,
Agnes

P.S : I love you, mummy.

No comments: