Saturday, June 04, 2005

Eulogy:The Final Journey, The Final Words


"All endings are also beginnings.
We just don't know it at the time..."

Mitch Albom@ the five people you meet in heaven

It s weird to start a blog with an ending, an ending to life-an eulogy. Alas an ending is purely just the start of a whole new beginning. Life is a continous cycle.You will never know when it starts, nor will you know when it will end. For my mum, it ended on a peaceful Sunday morning when a brand new day awaits the rest of the world.

Eulogy: The Final Journey, The Final Words

Dear Mummy,

You.The one I love the most. The one who I know that loves me back with the same intensity if not more. I love you, Mummy more than words can say.

Being on the last journey with you was one of the most memorable period of my life.It is such a life changing experience that my life is never ever gonna be the same again.Taking care of you has never been a chore, I swear though I know you blame yourself for being a burden to us.I am really thankful that I had a chance to take care of you, a duty which I should have done more.

It has been exactly two weeks since we have said goodbye and I miss you terribly every moment since then.I used to think that I had long forgotten many things. Never did I know that they are just hidden deep inside my mind. With your departure, the memories are unlocked and they overwhelm me to the point of suffocation.

Your ever giving love towards me is a gift which I will never forget. To you, I know I am your everything. But I bet you never know that you are my everything too. And that s the reason why I can't help crying even when I know I shouldn't.

Your final words to me were, " Do not cry" and I know you meant to tell me to be strong. Now, I am telling you that, " I will be strong and I will be living well not only for my own sake but for you and for those around me who I love dearly as well." Gone will be the thoughts of dying when you were not around for I know the sorrow of the departure of a loved one and I would never want to inflict this kind of sorrow on those still around.

You made me realize that life's really short, and sometimes I really wish mine was as short too so that I could meet you then in the other world. However, I know I shouldn't think this way. Somehow, someday, somewhere I know I would see you again and goodbye would just seem to be like yesterday.

And so before I see you again, I will be making the most of my life, making sure that I will fulfil all those things that you would have wanted me to do and most importantly keeping you deep inside my heart. Your love, generosity, determination and strength will continoue to live in me.

I know, you will definitely be one of the five people I will meet in heaven for you have made a difference in my life. I am everything I am because you love me. Thanks, Mummy.

Till we meet again,
Agnes













1 comment:

Still Water said...

It must be real sad to lose your mum. I cannot say I understand what you are going through, as I have not lost someone close before. As such, I'm really lost for words to say which might be of a comfort to you. Feeling kind of helpless...

But one thing I must say is that I think your mum is very happy to have a daughter like you. You have been a very filial daughter, who loves and care for your mum so much. And also a sensible one too. I can see the closeness of you with your mum. This, I envy of you.

This must been a very harsh experience for you. But I know you'll come out of this being a much stronger person.

Treasure the things around you. Treasure your family more. Your dad needs you more than ever now.

As a friend, I am really at a loss of what to do to help you tide over this difficult time. Sad to say, this area hasn't really been my forte. But then, if you ever need any help, I'll be there. This is the very least I can do.....