Monday, June 20, 2005

Ties that Bind

"The strongest ties on earth are that of a family love."


Dear Mummy,

How have you been? Just a little quick update on the happenings in my life lately, just in case you feel a bit out of touch.

Well, today we celebrated father's day with Uncle Peter's family and Ah ma. The kids get to pay finally! And it is a great feeling to do just a little something for those you care, though it was just a simple dinner. It has been a while since all of us had gotten out for a dinner together.

[To my friends:Remember my last entry? I mentioned about creating new relationships of similar intensity? Mummy's departure had opened a whole new outlook for me. Past relationships with my cousins that was lost, are gradually coming back again. It was then I realized that family ties are truly important. They will always be there, no matter what.Don't you agree?]

Mummy, mummy, mummy...Lately, I miss calling you this and well, I could only do it here. Never did I realize hearing others calling mummy could invoke such huge emotions in me. Emotions of grief and regret overwhelm me. And I really still miss you a lot. I would not attempt to control my grief but to let it subside by itself for I know that to be detached from the emotion I must fully experience it first. {For those who know Morrie, you should know this}. Mourning for you does not necessarily mean that I am not getting on with my life.

To show you that I am getting on pretty fine, I shall let in you on my plans for the next few months. Currently, I am taking a break. I am also making an effort to maintain my relationships with everyone I love and hopefully treasure them in whichever way I can. This effort includes going out for shopping,tea, swimming,tennis, tanning, buffet, drinking,blogging and ktv.

[To my friends: if you ever feel sad over something, pls go and sing! It is a great way to release your emotions. Just warn your friends that are going with you, to bring along their earplugs =p ]

Moving on, next month I will be starting on a temp job with liying at NTUC link to earn some money for my taiwan trip. Yep, that s right, mummy.. I am going taiwan on a free and easy trip to meet huiling and yiqian, along with some others. And so after that, I plan to start work seriously so that I can finally be financially independent. There is simply too many things I want to do that need money to be accomplished. Money is only a tool and never a goal. Poor us, we have no choice but to earn to realize our dreams. Hopefully I get my dream job with a purpose so that working may not seem to be so dreadful afterall.

One of my dreams is to learn photography and take numerous and numerous photos. Mummy, I have an idea. I am thinking of taking photos of all the places we have been and name it '' Then and Now''. I think it s pretty cool, don't you think so? But before that, I have to earn first.(money again). It is an expensive hobby. But money can't buy memories and the moments can only be captured through the lense. For someone as 'senile' as me, I guess photography is a good way for me to remember everything.

Oh yah, I would love to rear a dog and a cat. Sounds ridiculous? No, it isnt. Wouldnt it be nice if a dog and a cat can live together harmoniously? Well, it is just a dream of mine that I hope I can realize it one day...when I have the money to keep them. See, you need money again, haha.Ok, ok..Money is always a problem so don't bother yourself too much with it. (This is what I always tell myself )

[Ermm...it s getting a bit long ah..guess it is time for a break.So it is advertisement time! Speaking of cats and dogs, Healing Paws will be organising a charity manicure event in aid of SPCA. Date and venue will be at heeren on the 29th and 30th june, whole day. Nice and friendly manicurists (I will be one of them hehe) will be helping the girls look pretty with nicely painted nails. So come down and do a part for the homeless animals! Tell that to your friends too!]

Back to my dreams, I hope to study pyschology and understand the workings of the human mind. First and foremost, I want to understand myself. It is the same as if you want to love others, love yourself first.I truly believe that the ties that bind everyone together are love, understanding and acceptance.
" There is no strangers on earth, just friends that you have not met." How true it is, if only we can base our relationships on love,the most fundamental element in relationships.

So for all those who have read my blog, I thank you for wanting to know my feelings and for wanting to share your time with me. I want to thank those who have cared enough to leave a comment and for those who have accompanied me throughout this period. Friendship is all about sharing, so for all those who have anything else that you have to share with me, feel free to drop in a comment. I would be most willing to listen and share with you my thoughts.

Perhaps, I should change my quote at the start to "The strongest ties on earth are those of a family love for all those who care and share are family. And so that includes you too."


Sharing and loving you,
Agnes





No comments: