Tuesday, June 21, 2005

If only...

" If only we have done this..If only we could have done that... If only...If only....."


Dear Friends,

Today, I am going to talk about regrets, the source of grief. I wish I have driven earlier so that I could have driven mummy around.. I wish muumy could have attended my convocation so that she could feel proud of me ..I wish I could have done more things for mummy so that I could show her how much I love her..I wish mummy could have seen me gotten married so that she could see for herself that I am well taken care for.. I wish that I could have started working earlier so that mummy could have enjoyed her retirement... I wish.. I wish...and I know they are all her wishes for she has said them to me.

I had so many things that I plan to do in the future when mummy was still around. Things that I could do never do now...If only I could turn back time and paid more attention to her, perhaps she would still be around now.But I know I can't and that s where regrets set in.

Perhaps friends, you would already have heard a million stories about regrets, about living your life to the fullest, about living for the moment etc. So have I ,before mummy left. Truthfully, knowing and doing what you preach are two totally different things. You may know that you should live well for life is short but nothing beats than having personally experience regrets. I used to think, why me? And I finally gotten an answer and that s to make me grow. I am too 'into' my own world that although I know all about living well, I was not doing it. Seriously, it doesnt really matter whether you know it or not, what matters is whether you are doing it or not.

Life has taught me a great lesson and I am not letting to let it go in vain. So I am sharing this with all of you, hoping that you could perhaps have one less regret in life and that s to treat your family members and friends right, especially your parents. You owe your life to them and it is only right you dedicate your life to them in whichever way you can. Spend a little bit more time with them. Perhaps time is what they want and not material goods. I have the blessing of having both emotional and material gifts given by my parents. And I am glad, I did spent a substantial time with mummy. I could not give her any material stuff when she was still around but I gave her my time and attention as much as I could. I enjoyed her company and I know she did.

Dear Mummy, I will fulfil all the wishes that you had told me and I will take good care of myself and daddy too. Don't worry, I will get married and I will drive. I will go for convocation too. I will find myself a good job and I will be happy.

"Don't allow too many if only(s) in your life, otherwise you may just one day doubt the mere presence of yourself."

Never regretting to be alive,
Agnes

No comments: